Manor Fields Adare is a community owned recreational amenity. We are currently recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Operative located in Adare. This is a part-time position and will be for 19.5 hours per week. This is a minimum wage position. Duties will include the maintenance and upkeep of our facilities which currently include 4 grass pitches, training areas, All Weather Floodlit Pitch, Playground, walking paths, and our pavilion building.
Flexibility of availability will be required as it will include working evenings and weekends. The ideal applicant will have some experience in grounds keeping and or/general maintenance. This position is open to anyone to apply but as this post is a CSP Funded post and candidates in receipt of one of the following social welfare payment are also eligible to apply : Jobseekers Allowance or Benefit, One Parent Family Payment, Jobseekers Transitional Payment, Disability Allowance, Invalidity Pension, or other Disability Payment. Those on TUS or CE or similar Job Initiatives are also eligible to apply. The Community Services Programme(CSP) supports communitybusinesses to provide local services and create employment opportunities for disadvantaged people. Garda Vetting will also apply. Full job description is available on our website
To apply, please send an up to date CV by email to email@example.com or post to The Manager, Manor Fields Adare, Graigue, Adare, Co. Limerick. V94 YHV0 Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 3rd March with interviews provisionally scheduled to take place taking place week commencing Monday 6th March
Job Description: Grounds Maintenance Operative
Application Deadline: Friday 3rd March
The Manor Fields is a community owned recreational amenity, located in Adare. As we embark upon the next phase of infrastructure development, we now have an opening for a Grounds Maintenance Operative for this amenity.
Operatives are responsible for the maintenance & improvement of the grounds, pavilion building and common areas of the Manor Fields. This currently includes 4 grass pitches, training areas, All Weather Floodlit Pitch, Playground, walking paths, and soon to be developed pavilion building.
1. Mows and Strim Grass pitches, playground and other green areas
2. Plants, weeds, rakes and waters the grounds
3. Identifies common landscape weeds and applies control measures
4. Maintains pathways, playground, common areas and roads/footpaths and ensure they are swept regularly
5. Collection of refuse
6. Sets up pitches, meeting rooms etc and undertakes pitch marking
7. General care-taking, maintenance and cleaning duties both internally, cleaning out of changing rooms, meeting rooms and toilets and externally.
8. Supervise the reception area and opening up and locking up of facility.
9. Operates the necessary equipment in line with H&S legislation ensuring all work is carried out safely and effectively and with regard for public use
10. Ensures that all equipment e.g goalposts, cricket crease, playground equipment etc are fully functional and fit for us.
11. Maintenance and upkeep of Astruturf pitches, including brushing of pitch and controlling weeds.
12. Customer Service such as time management of allocated slots and ensuring all policies and procedures are followed by customers/users at all times.
13. Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time
1. Must have some experience in a similar environment (gardening/grounds
2. Able to use machinery such as lawn mowers, quad bike, strimmers etc (but full training will be provided)
3. Basic computer skills would be an advantage
4. A formal qualification is desirable but not a requirement as training will be provided.
5. Strong Teamwork ability, as well as to work on own initiative