Manor Fields Adare is a community owned recreational amenity. We are currently recruiting for two Grounds Maintenance Operatives located in Adare. These are part-time positions and will be for a minimum of 19.5 hours per week. Duties will include the maintenance and upkeep of our facilities which currently include 4 grass pitches, training areas, All Weather Floodlit Pitch, Playground, walking paths, and soon to be developed pavilion building.
Flexibility will be required as it will include working some evenings and weekends. The ideal applicant will have some experience in grounds keeping and or/general maintenance. This post is a CSP Funded post and candidates will need to be in receipt of one of the following social welfare payment for eligibility: Jobseekers Allowance or Benefit, One Parent Family Payment, Jobseekers Transitional Payment, Disability Allowance, Invalidity Pension, or other Disability Payment. Those on TUS or CE or similar Job Initiatives are also eligible to apply. The Community Services Programme (CSP) supports community businesses to provide local services and create employment opportunities for disadvantaged people. Garda Vetting will also apply. Full job description is also available below
To apply, please send an up to date CV by email to [email protected] or post to The Manager, Manor Fields Adare, Main Street, Adare, Co. Limerick. Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th March with interviews taking place week commencing Monday 25th March.
Job Description: Grounds Maintenance Operative
Application Deadline: Friday March 15th
The Manor Fields is a community owned recreational amenity, located in Adare. As we embark upon the next phase of infrastructure development, we now have an opening for a Grounds Maintenance Operative for this amenity.
Operatives are responsible for the maintenance & improvement of the grounds, pavilion building and common areas of the Manor Fields. This currently includes 4 grass pitches, training areas, All Weather Floodlit Pitch, Playground, walking paths, and soon to be developed pavilion building.
1. Mows, edges, fertilises pitches, and monitors the watering needs of the grounds
2. Plants, weeds, rakes and waters the grounds
3. Identifies common landscape weeds and applies control measures
4. Maintains pathways, playground, common areas and roads/footpaths and ensure they are swept regularly
5. Collection of refuse
6. Sets up pitches, meeting rooms etc and undertakes pitch marking
7. General care-taking, maintenance and cleaning duties both internally and externally
8. Supervise the reception desk and locking up of facility when/if required
9. Operates the necessary equipment in line with H&S legislation ensuring all work is carried out safely and effectively and with regard for public use
10. Ensures that all equipment e.g goalposts, cricket crease, etc are fully functional and fit for use
11. Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time
1. Must have some experience in a similar environment (gardening/grounds
2.A formal qualification is desirable but not a requirement as training will be provided.
3. Strong Teamwork ability, as well as to work on own initiative